This event has now ended, to view a recording of this webinar please log into the Member Webinars page.
MBS item numbers for chemotherapy services – changes to be implemented on 1 November 2020
Date: Tuesday 20th October, 2020
Time: 8:00pm – 9:00pm (AEDT)
On 1 November 2020, the structure to chemotherapeutic procedures listed on the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) will change. These changes result from the recommendations of the MBS Review Taskforce Oncology Clinical Committee Report 2018 (publicly available at www.health.gov.au), and progressive liaison between the Department of Health and peak professional bodies (including PCPA, MOGA and HSANZ).
In this webinar we covered:
1. The new, simplified MBS structure for chemotherapy procedures
- All time-based item numbers to be replaced by single item number 13950 for administration of parenteral anti-neoplastic therapy, by or on behalf of a specialist or consultant physician.
- Deletion of item number 13945
- Modification to item number 14221
2. Impact to practices for oversight and management of therapeutic agents
3. Legal aspects of the MBS and principles of billing for cancer clinicians
PCPA is hosting this webinar as part of our ongoing service to members to ensure you have a complete understanding of MBS billing requirements, so that Medicare benefits can be complied with and accessed both appropriately and accurately.
*Disclaimer: The material presented in this webinar was correct on 20 October 2020. Medicare law changes constantly and you should therefore seek independent legal advice before relying on specific legal content in this presentation after that date.
The PCPA leadership will continue to seek further clarity on the items that were not addressed during the webinar.